|Please click on a teacher's name to see his/her short background information.
If you have any questions, please Contact us or call (440) 442-7470
Why Music? |
- Music is a science. It is exact, specific, and it demands exact acoustics.
A conductor's full score is a chart, a graph which indicates frequencies, volume changes,
melody, and harmony all at once and with the most exact control of time.
- Music is mathematical. It is rhythmically based on the subdivisions of time into
fractions which must be done instantaneously, not worked out on paper.
- Music is a Foreign Language. Most of them are Italian, German, or French; and the
notation is certainly not English - but a highly developed kind of short-hand that
uses symbols to represent ideas. The semantics of music is the most complete and universal language.
- Music is History. Music usually reflects the environment and times of its creation,
often even the country and/or racial feeling.
- Music is Physical Education. It requires fantastic coordination of fingers, hands,
arms, lips, cheeks, and facial muscles in addition to extraordinary control of the
diaphragmatic, back, stomach, and chest muscles, which responds instantly to the sound
the ear hears and the mind interprets.
- Music is FUN! There is enjoyment and self-gratification as students progress through their music studies.
- Music Develops Insight and Demands Research.
- Music is all of these things, but most of all, MUSIC IS ART. it allows a human being to
take all these dry, technically boring (but difficult) techniques and use them to create
emotion. This is one thing science cannot duplicate; humanism, feeling, emotion, call it what you will.
-- Contact us --